Away from the clutter of concrete jungles, pollution and stress, GayBombay invites you to spend your day, at a resort that is just a couple of hours away from Mumbai at Palghar, and can be truly called nature’s paradise.
A morning-to-evening picnic at Nature’s Beach Resort at Palghar, north of Mumbai in Maharashtra, India. Leave with a group of LGBT persons from various pick-up points in Mumbai, for a 3-hour journey to the resort. Once there, you will be spoilt for a choice of activities: Stroll on the resort’s private beach, frolic in a big swimming pool, cool off amid a fountain square, and go crazy at a rain dance to dance music! But if peace and quiet is more your thing, there’s boating and fishing in an artificial river. If you’re a bird watcher, do bring a pair of binoculars, as this spot rich in biodiversity with 120+ species of birds, including peacocks strolling by. For the more sports-inclined, there’s facilities for archery, volleyball and other sports! Included as well is lip-smacking delicious local food – both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. We will serve breakfast, lunch and evening tea. We will leave from the resort before sundown for another lively bus journey of singing and laughing together to be back in Mumbai on Sunday night, with various drop-off points within the city.
Day & Date:
Sunday, 01st March 2015
We shall depart on a semi luxury bus parked outside Hotel Prashant on Lokmanya Tilak Road, Mulund Station (East) at 6:00 am. You can board the bus at any of the pick-up locations listed below.
6:00 am: Hotel Prashant, Mulund Station (East).
6:05 am: MHADA Signal, Junction of Navghar Road & Eastern Express Highway, Mulund (East) This one is close to the Toll Plaza on Eastern Express Highway.
6:15 am: Junction of Vikhroli Jogeshwari Link Road & Eastern Express Highway, Kanjurmarg (East)
6:25 am: Amar Mahal Junction, Chembur (towards Sion)
6:40 am: Opposite Sion Station, Sion
6:50 am: Bandra Court Junction, Bandra (East)
7:05 am: Traffic Police Chowky, Opposite Gold Spot / Bisleri Factory, Andheri (East)
7:15 am: Oberoi Mall Junction, Goregaon (East)
7:25 am: Omkareshwar Temple, Opposite Main Gate, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali (East)
7:35 am: Shivaji Chowk, Junction of Kashimira Road & Western Express Highway. Opposite Kashimira Police Station
7:45 am: Bhayander Creek Bridge Junction, Opposite Hotel Fountain.
8:00 am: Juchandra Phata, Naigoan (East)
8:10 am: Pelhar Auto Junction on Western Express Highway, Vasai (East)
8:20 am: Police Chowky, Junction of Western Express Highway and Nalasopara Road, Nalasopara (East)
8:30 am: Kanher Phata on Western Express Highway, Virar (East)
All timings listed above are departure timings of the bus so be there at least 10 mins before the listed time.
We shall spend the entire day at the Resort. At about 6:00 in the evening, we would commence our journey back to Mumbai. We shall be back in Mumbai by 8:30 pm.
Contribution to defray costs:
Rs. 1000.00 per head
Participants from other cities, joining us directly at Palghar shall contribute Rs. 800/- per head
Registration & Payments:
To join this picnic you need to register your name and make your contribution in advance. To Register fill the form at the following link
The contributions meet expenses towards the following:
1. To and Fro transport to the Resort.
2. Veg and Non Veg Breakfast.
3. Veg and Non Veg Lunch.
4. Tea/Coffee and Biscuits in the evening
5. Use of the Resort sports/games facilities and equipment like Swimming Pool, Volley Ball, Boating and fishing (subject to availability and prior booking).
To know more and to register, please contact the GayBombay info line on (+91) 9870504010. Or email us on email@example.com Do come, and share this with others!
You can pay your contribution at the following GayBombay Events:
Saturday; 14 February 2015: GayBombay Valentine Party at Sveda (Sheesha) Lounge – Sakinaka
Sunday; 22 February 2015: GayBombay Sunday Meet at Thane
Saturday; 28 February 2015: GayBombay Party
Details regarding the above events are available at www.gaybombay.org and at the GayBombay Facebook Page.
The following rules shall apply to registrations:
1. You have to be above the age of 18 to attend this event
2. Registration shall be accepted only if the name, email address and mobile number are provided.
3. Registrations shall only be confirmed on receipt of contribution
4. Registrations are not transferable.
5. No refunds shall be given for cancellation of registration on the day before the Picnic
Things to do:
1. Carry any special medication or food, if you need them
2. Carry binoculars, if you are interested.
3. Carry an extra pair of clothes including undergarments and socks that you want to change in if you happen to soil/wet the ones you are wearing.
4. Carry your toiletries and towels.
5. Bring along your swimming trunks and sun creams,
6. GB, as a support group, has created this comfort/safe space for gays. Many people at the event may be “newbies” (those still coming to terms with their sexuality and/or those who have mustered the courage to come to such an event for the first time). We request you to be sensitive to the comfort levels of others and to behave and dress accordingly.
Things not to do:
1. Litter the place. The ecology of the wilderness is very fragile. Be eco-friendly.
2. Consume intoxicating items before or during the picnic
3. Indulge in hanky-panky. Any person found indulging shall be asked to leave the picnic/group immediately and shall be barred from participating in all future GayBombay events.
This event is organized by: http://www.gaybombay.org/.
Right of admission reserved