Away from the clutter of concrete jungles, pollution and stress, GayBombay invites you to spend your day, at a resort that is just a couple of hours away from Mumbai at Manor, that can be truly called nature’s paradise. Tucked away in a valley of greenery, surrounded by majestic hills, on the confluence of two perennial rivers Vaitarna and Dehraja, lets meet old friend and make some new.
As you step in the resort, a wave of calmness engulfs you surrounded by lush green trees, beautifully landscaped gardens, manicured lawns and pathways. Its a 60 – acre splendour of greenery and serenity.
The Resort has a water park along with a large swimming pool, water slides, group slides and rain dance. An open-air ground to play cricket, soccer, volleyball, tennis, badminton and an indoor amusement arena for games like chess, table tennis, pool table, carom, cards and machine operating games.
If you are the spiritual kind, the Upvan at the confluence of the two rivers is the ultimate place for to meditate and find peace and solace within.
Residents of cities as far as Surat in Gujarat, Nasik and Pune can join is on this picnic. Ask us how!
We shall depart on a semi luxury bus parked outside Mulund Station (East) at 6:30 am. The bus take the Eastern Express Highway up to Sion going past Bhandup, Vikhroli, Chembur. At Sion the bus shall take Sion – Bandra Link Road to Kalanagar and than the Western Express Highway to Manor going past Andheri, Goregaon, Borivali. You can board the bus at any of the designated pick-up locations on this route that shall be intimated to you later.
We shall spend the entire day at the Resort. At about 6:00 in the evening, we would commence our journey back to Mumbai. We shall be back in Mumbai by 9:00 pm.
Contribution to defray costs:
Rs. 1000.00 per head
The contributions meets expenses towards the following:
1. To and Fro transport to the Resort.
2. Veg Breakfast.
3. Veg Lunch.
4. Tea/Coffee and Biscuits in the evening
5. Use of the Resort sports/games facilities and equipment like Swimming Pool, Badminton Court, Carrom, Chess, Table Tennis, Volley Ball, Cricket and Football (subject to availability and prior booking).
6. Changing rooms and showers facilities at the resort.
7. Space to lounge and chill out.
Registration & Payments:
To join this picnic you need to register your name and make your contribution in advance. To Register fill the form at the following link http://goo.gl/forms/w0Uh32TZV1
For more information write a mail to Radhey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on the Picnic Info line 9870504010
On successful registration you can pay your contribution at the following GayBombay Event:
Sunday, 16 August 2015: GayBombay Independence Weekend Mega Sunday Meet at Bandra.
Saturday, 22 August 2015: GayBombay Party
Sunday, 23 August 2015: GayBombay Goes to Pune Pride
Saturday, 29 August 2015: GayBombay’s 17th Anniversary Party
Sunday, 30 August 2015: GayBombay Film Club Screening, National College Auditorium, Bandra.
Details regarding the above event is available at http://www.gaybombay.org and at the GayBombay Facebook Page.
The following rules shall apply to registrations:
1. You have to be above the age of 18 to attend this event
2. Registration shall be accepted only if the name, email address and mobile number is provided.
3. Registrations shall only be confirmed on receipt of contribution
4. Registrations are not transferable.
5. No refunds shall be given for cancellation of registration on the day before the Picnic
Things to do:
1. Carry any special medication or food, if you need them
2. Carry binoculars, if you are interested.
3. Carry an extra pair of clothes including undergarments and socks that you want to change in if you happen to soil/wet the ones you are wearing.
4. Carry your toiletries and towels.
5. Bring along your swimming trunks and sun creams,
6. GB, as a support group, has created this comfort/safe space for gays. Many people at the event may be “newbies” (those still coming to terms with their sexuality and/or those who have mustered the courage to come to such an event for the first time). We request you to be sensitive to the comfort levels of others and to behave and dress accordingly.
Things not to do:
1.Litter the place. The ecology of the wilderness is very fragile. Be eco-friendly. .
2.Consume intoxicating items before or during the picnic
3. Indulge in hanky-panky. Any person found indulging shall be asked to leave the picnic/group immediately and shall be barred from participating in all future GayBombay events.
This event is organized by: http://www.gaybombay.org/.
Right of admission reserved.