The GB Film Club Screening on Sunday – 17th March 13
Day, Date and Time:
Sunday – 17th March 13 between 13:30 and 19:00 Hrs.
National College, Conference Room;
Ground Floor,Linking Road;
Mumbai 400 050.
National College is a 10 minute walk from Bandra Station (West) and a minimum rickshaw fare ride. The entrance to the conference hall is on P. G. Kher Marg which is on the right side of the National College Building.
Entry is free. The event is sponsored by GayBombay. Individual voluntary contributions are welcome.
ENTRY ALLOWED FROM 13:15 – 13:30 Hrs. The first film will start at 13:30 pm sharp and we SHALL close the doors after 13:30 Hrs. So be there before 13:30 Hrs.
1.30pm : The Witnesses (moving French drama);
The early days of the AIDS crisis in France provides the backdrop for this powerful, life-affirming drama from writer and director André Téchiné.
4.00pm : Four More Years (crazy Swedish gay political comedy);
Political party leader David Holst, one of Sweden’s most popular politicians, is handsome, funny, popular and predicted as the country’s next Prime Minister. But what at first appears to be an easy victory turns into a humbling defeat as another party wins the elections and four more years of leading the country, Then, when David suddenly falls in love, the problem is not that he’s already married or that he’s fallen in love with another man….but that the man he’s fallen head over heels in love with, Martin, is the only man on earth he cannot love. He is an up-and-comer in the rivaling party that won the elections! David is risking everything – his family, his party and his own name. If they can’t keep their relationship a secret, a public scandal could be a career destroyer. But David doesn’t have the nerve to play this kind of game and eventually the mistakes and misunderstandings pile up and their love is threatened to be lost. Almost. “Four More Years’ is a funny, daring, clever and extremely romantic comedy, proving once again that love conquers all.
6.00pm : Gayby (fun US gay comedy about having a baby).
This gayby is just for laughs
Jenn (straight) and Matt (gay) are best friends from college who are now in their thirties. Single by choice, they decide to fulfill a youthful promise to have a child together… the old fashioned way.
Event is free, but only for 18+. Please forward to friends.
1. Though guys coming slightly late can be condoned the bane of the festival is the constant traffic of guys running in and out to answer cell phones quite unconcerned with the disturbance they are causing. We request people to PLEASE SWITCH OFF their CELL phones during the screenings. Anyone who walks out during the screening will not be allowed inside until the next break. DOORS WILL BE LOCKED ONCE A FILM BEGINS!
2. The films are excellent original copies on DVD & VHS.
3. The films are NOT pornographic; only good, clean gay films.
4. GB, as a support group, has created this comfort/safe space for gays. Many people at the event may be “newbies” (those still coming to terms with their sexuality and/or those who have mustered the courage to come to such an event for the first time). We request you to be sensitive to the comfort levels of others and to behave and
5. You have to be above the age of 18 to attend this event.
6. If you have any queries please email: events@…
Right of admission reserved.