Time to Assemble: 3 pm
What time will The March begin: About 4 pm
Where will we march to : From August Kranti Maidan to Opera House, then on to footpath till Girgaum Chowpatty
Who will lead us: The QAM Banner and the Giant Pride Flag.
Where to Assemble: At August Kranti Maidan . Collect your posters and banner that you would like to march with . Get your mini Pride Flags
How do we know that the March has begun: The banner and the flag start marching . The security volunteers will start telling you to join in the march behind the flag .
What Happens next: Nashik Dhols start at the Nana Chowk and the march has begun.
On arrival at Opera House: Balloons will be released marking end of the walk, from here we walk on the footpath till Girgaum Chowpatty
On arrival at Chowpatty: Talk, have fun , disperse in a while and then join the Post Pride Party
We would need to follow some basic guidelines. Please take note of the same.
1. The Queer Azaadi March timings are officially from 3pm to 6 pm.
2. The march participants can begin assembling outside August Kranti Maidan from 3 pm onwards.
3. Starting 3 pm , there will be speeches on the podium by community members and supporters.
4. Pride Posters and flags will be distributed by the Volunteers to all Pride March participants.
5. Please note that Posters insulting Supreme Court or Judges are considered contempt of court and are grounds for arrest. Do excercise discretion while carrying posters or speaking to media.
6. At 4 pm sharp the March will begin with the spreading of the Pride flag .
7. The Pride March route is August Kranti Maidan-Nana Chowk-Grant Road Bridge-Lamington Road-Opera House.
8. Post reaching Opera House , balloons will be released along with pride ribbons. (This activity is to be completed in 15 mins)
9. Post completion of this activity , the participants are requested to disperse from the location.
10. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE TO USE FOOTPATH TOWARDS GIRGAUM CHOWPATTY FROM OPERA HOUSE-AS PER INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE POLICE.
11. Smoking ,alcohol , substance abuse is strictly prohibited.
12. While dressing colorfully is encouraged, please use your own good judgment in your dressing or behavior, that it does not offend anyone.
13. Do not dress up as a political icon, historical figure as this may be objected by the authorities.
14. Please keep the march route clean , do not litter , seek the Green Team for discarding dry waste.
HAVE A GREAT PRIDE 2014 !