Join GayBombay, for a weekend full of fog, mist, rain and waterfalls. The trip is to Malshej, nestled at an altitude of 700 metres in the Western Ghats, where cascading waterfalls, veils of mist and lush carpets of green weave an atmosphere of magic during monsoons. Ordinary nature trails transform into a literally heavenly experience when you will find yourself walking through clouds. Malshej Ghat makes for a perfect vacation spot during the monsoons.
Commercial exploitation has not come to Malshej in any big way, as it has to many other places on the Western Ghats, and the only resort there is owned by the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation. GB has booked 8 cottages in resort, giving our community an exclusive, not-to-be-missed opportunity to enjoy a truly beautiful place.
This trip is open to the first 32 who register and pay, so hurry up and do so! Besides the home crowd from Bombay, guys from Pune, Nasik and Ahmednagar will also be joining us, so expect to make a lot of new friends on this wet, wet weekend!
Day & Date:
Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st July 2019
We shall depart at sharp 6:00 am on Saturday 20th July 2019 by a semi luxury bus parked at the main gate of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali (East). Several pick-up locations enroute, including some new ones in the extended suburbs have been added. These are as follows:
06:00 am: Main Gate, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali (East)
06:15 am: Oberoi Mall, Junction, Goregaon (East)
06:30 am: Gold Spot (Bisleri) Factory, Western Express Highway, Andheri (East).
06:45 am: Kala Nagar Junction Bandra (East)
06:50 am: Main Gate, Our Lady of Good Counsel High School, Near Sion Station.
07:00 am: Amar Mahal Junction, Chembur (East)
07:15 am: Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road Junction, Eastern Express Highway, Kanjurmarg (East)
07:30 am: MHADA Colony Junction, Eastern Express Highway, Mulund (East)
07:35 am: Highway Darshan Society, Teen Hath Naka, Thane (East)
07:40 am: Main Gate, Jupiter Hospital, Thane (East)
08:00 am: Junction of Bhiwandi Murbad Road and Mumbai – Nasik Highway, Ranjnoli
08:10 am: Durgadi, Agra Road Junction, Kalyan (West)
08:20 am: Shahad Railway Station (West)
09:00 am: Murbad ST Stand
We shall arrive at our resort in Malshej at around 10:30 am and check-in immediately. Veg. & Non Veg Lunch shall be served at 1:00 pm after which we shall venture out to the various waterfalls to welcomed back to the resort at 6 pm. with Tea/Coffee and snacks. Veg & Non-Veg dinner shall be served at 9:00 pm, to be followed by campy-fire and games.
On the next day (Sunday 22 July 2019) shall begin with breakfast, both veg. and non-veg; to be served at 9 am after which we shall visit the magnificient ancient buddhist caves at Lennyadri. Enroute we shall stop at the Back Waters of the Pimpal Joga Dam to meet the flamingos that have arrived here all the way from Siberia. We shall have Veg. Lunch at 1 pm. and then drive down to Fort Shivneri. a strongly-built citadel where the Great Maratha King Shivaji was born. Climbing up the fort would have been an arduous task, if not for the motorable road till the first of the seven gates of Shivneri fort. The paths around the fort and to the monument where Shivaji was born are set through well ma20thnicured gardens. After visiting the fort we shall commence our return journey to Mumbai by 5 pm.
Contribution to defray costs:
Rs. 2500.00 per head
Participants from cities other than Mumbai shall contribute Rs. 2000.00 per head. However they have to organise their own transport to Malshej.
The charges include:
- Quad-Sharing Cottage accomodation
- Transport to Malshej and Back, including sightseeing locations (except other city participants contributing Rs. 20 00).
- All meals listed above. In-addition two snacks shall be served on the bus, one each during onward and return journey.
- Entry Fees to the caves and fort.
- Camp-fire and games and activities
Registration & Payments:
To join this weekend outing you need to register and make your contribution in advance. To Register click on the following link and complete the registration form.
For any queries send a mail to Radhey at email@example.com or call us on the GayBombay Info line 9870504010
The following rules shall apply to registration and participants:
- Only persons above the age of 18 are allowed to register for the outing.
- Registrations can only be made through the web link provided.
- Registrations shall only be confirmed on receipt of contribution
- Registrations are not transferable. The organisers reserve the right to decline any registration.
- All participants shall follow instructions of the organisers at all times during the outing. Timelines provided must be adhered to avoid delays.
- The resort rules bar consumption of mild or hard alcoholic beverages on its premises.
Things to do:
- Carry any special medication or food, if you need them
- Carry binoculars, if you are interested.
- Carry several pairs of clothes including undergarments and socks that you want to change in if you happen to soil/wet the ones you are wearing.
- Bring along your swimming trunks and sun creams
- Carry your toiletries and a couple of towels.
- Carry your wind-cheaters, raincoats. Umbrellas may not hold against the strong winds.
- Carry light woollens as the evening and the night could be chilly.
- The ecology of the wilderness is very fragile. Be eco-friendly and refrain from littering the place.