GB’s Friendship Day Picnic to Neral
Celebrate Friendship Day in the company your friends at the GayBombay Friendship Day Picnic, creating memories that can be cherished for years to come.
In total contrast to the trek last month, the Friendship Day Picnic is a laid back, relaxed outing in a picture perfect setting by the River Ulhas, adorned by acres of orchards and sprawling lush greens. A kaleidoscope of colour in the strokes of beautiful butterflies, exotic birds and extensive arrays of flowers & fruit species, vivid flora and fauna promise to breathe renewed life into you.
Amidst this glory of nature and the luxury of solitude there shall be fun-filled games and activities to indulge in with your friends, You can choose splash water in the river or drench yourself under the waterfall. Go fishing or hitch a ride on the back of a bullock or just go paddle boating on the river. Its a fun and frolic event minus the labour of trekking.
For those who missed out or were denied registrations at the trek, this is a great opportunity to grab your place. So hurry, this Picnic is strictly open to the first 50 who register and make their contribution. Guys residing as far as Pune, Roha and Dahanu can also join us. To know how click https://www.facebook.com/groups/gaybombay/10152256946299156/
Visit a new place, meet new people, make new friends, and catch up with old. Sing, dance and play. A lot can happen over a picnic!
We shall depart on a semi luxury bus parked at the main gate of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali (East), at sharp 6:00 am. Several pick-up locations enroute, including some new ones in the extended suburbs, are planned. These shall be intimated to you on confirmation of your registration. We shall be spending the entire day at the host resort and shall be back in Mumbai by 9:00 pm.
Contribution to defray costs:
Rs. 850.00 per head
Participants from other cities, joining us directly at Neral/Karjat shall contribute Rs. 600.00 per head
The charges include:
1. Transport to Neral and Back
2. Veg. Breakfast
3. Veg. Lunch (Non. Veg Lunch at an extra charge and can be book on arrival at Neral)
4. Evening Tea /Coffee
5. Fun-filled games and activities
Registration & Payments:
To join this picnic you need to register your name and make your contribution in advance. To Register send an email mentioning your name, email address and mobile number to Radhey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on the Picnic Info line 9870504010
To pay catch us at the following GayBombay Events:
On 07 July 2013: GayBombay Sunday Meet at Bandra (West)
On 14 July 2013: GayBombay Film Club Screenings at National College, Bandra (West).
On 21 July 2013: Gay Bombay Special Sunday Meet at Zouk, Andheri (East)
On 28 July 2013: GayBombay Sunday Meet at Thane.
Details regarding the above events are available at www.gaybombay.org and at the GayBombay Facebook Page.
Registrants from Pune can register and pay their contribution to Omki. He can be contacted on 9823252301
The following rules shall apply to registrations:
1. Registration shall not be accepted only if the name, email address and mobile number is provided.
2. Registrations shall only be confirmed on receipt of contribution
3.Registrations are not transferable.
Things to do:
1. You have to be above the age of 18 to attend this event
2. Carry any special medication or food, if you need them
3. Carry binoculars, if you are interested.
4. Carry an extra pair of clothes including undergarments and socks that you want to change in if you happen to soil/wet the ones you are wearing.
5. Carry your toiletries and towels.
6. Bring along your swimming trunks and sun creams,
7. GB, as a support group, has created this comfort/safe space for gays. Many people at the event may be “newbies” (those still coming to terms with their sexuality and/or those who have mustered the courage to come to such an event for the first time). We request you to be sensitive to the comfort levels of others and to behave and dress accordingly.
Things not to do:
1.Litter the place. The ecology of the wilderness is very fragile. Be eco-friendly. .
2.Consume intoxicating items before or during the picnic
3. Indulge in hanky-panky. Any person found indulging shall be asked to leave the picnic/group immediately and shall be barred from participating in all future GayBombay events.
This event is organized by: http://www.gaybombay.org/.
Right of admission reserved.