Your Yahoo Groups gives you a safe-space to meet, interact, and share ideas with other members on the group. Your Yahoo Group gives you the space to express yourself without any fear, shame or guilt about your sexuality. Your Yahoo Group experience is best when you remember and follow a few guidelines. Yahoo has set out certain terms and conditions for the use of their services in the Terms of Service (ToS) at the site. These Terms of Service largely govern the Guidelines set out below. Due the peculiar nature of this group and its place in the eyes of the law of the land certain precautionary guidelines have been incorporated.
1. You must be at least 18 years of age to participate on the Group. Certain postings may not be suitable for minors.
2. You must not post mails soliciting and/or offering sex, or indirect sexual pleasure.
3. You must not post mails containing explicit and/or graphic description of private parts of the human body or sexual acts unless otherwise necessitated by the technical, scientific or humorous nature of the posting.
4.You must not post links to sites with pornographic content.
5. You must not post attachments. These pose potent threats of virus attacks. If the attachment is a textual matter, paste it in the main body of your mail. If it is a `jpeg’ or `gif’ image or any other format, and available at any non pornographic website, than include in your mail the link the web page. But if the attachment is not available at any website than post it to The Moderation Team. They will review the attachment if found to conform to these Guidelines than they shall upload it to the files folder at Yahoo Groups.
6. You must not post content which infringes the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of other persons irrespective of the person being a member of this group.
7. You must not post personal or private messages, telephone numbers, postal or visiting address or any other information divulging details of your location or that of any other person, irrespective of the person being a member of this group. If you want to communicate with a specific subscriber you can do so by sending a mail directly to the subscriber.
8. You must not harass, abuse, threaten, or advocate violence and/or hatred against other members or individuals or groups. Discussions are “public” and meant for constructive exchanges.
9. You must not post mails that are datings classifieds or are for commercial or advertising purposes.
10. If you cross-post messages to multiple groups, include the name of the groups at the top of the mail with a warning “Cross Posting: Possibility of Duplication”
11. If you must post a long message, warn the readers with a statement at the top of the mail “Beware: Long Message”
12. When replying to a message using e-mail software, delete the footer to the mail. The footer is automatically added to every message that is sent of from the Group. Editing the received message to minimum necessary is advisable.
13. Any requests regarding administrative tasks such as unsubscribe; change in message delivery mode etc. should be made to the appropriate area and not the Group itself. Such requests should be sent to the following address respectively:
Your Yahoo Group Moderators, in its sole discretion, reserve the right to edit or remove any content from a posting or completely reject it. The moderators also reserve their right to ban a member (wherein he can receive postings but cannot post to the group) or permanently remove a member immediately and without notice if they believe that you have acted inconsistently with the spirit or the letter of the Yahoo Terms of Service or the above Guidelines.
The GayBombay Moderation Team